Welcome to the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop!!!
Calling all crafters! We’ve gathered designers from some of our favorite manufacturers to show you ways to create something from the heart this holiday season. This 3 day Hop includes over 60 stops with inspiration brimming from every corner. Explore all thoughtful and frugal handmade gifts you could make for the holidays, all in one place on this Hop!
To sweeten to Hop, we’re offering a gift for you! For every comment you leave on the blogs in the Hop, you’ll be entered to win a prize pack from one of the participating manufacturer sponsors!
The Twinery is going to be giving away THREE of our Ultimate Sampler Packs to one lucky winner...that's enough for you to keep and then some to give away to 2 special friends for the holidays!
"What was the best handmade holiday gift you've ever given or received?"
For this blog hop, I had the opportunity to play with some of Clearsnap's fun products, Designer Foils and Smooch Spritzes. Here is my handmade creation - a tree made from resin stones and framed in a shadowbox, ready for gift-giving!
For the background paper, I used a page from the Tradewinds paper stack from Die Cuts with a View and spritz it with the Clearsnap Gold Glow Smooch Spritz. It leaves a purrrty shimmer on the paper. Here's how I embellished each of the elements on the collage,
1) I cut out a star from chipboard, covered it with white glue, and then applied the Clearsnap Glitter on it. I also spritz it with Clearsnap Gold Smooch Spritz since I don't get to play with glitter too often. :o)
2) I punched out a green circle and glued it to the back of the resin stone, then I wrapped The Twinery's Peapod baker's twine around it.
3) Same technique except I left the back of the stone clear, and I used The Twinery's Maraschino baker's twine.
4) I used the Holly Border Design Adhesives from Clearsnap and the Irish Eyes Designer Foil on a small square of cardstock and then used Tim Holtz's Distress Ink to add color to the background. Then I punched the circle shape out of the paper and glued it to the resin stone.
5) Hand-stamped the word "JOY" onto a small corner of the remaining paper from #4, trimmed in the shape of a ribbon and glue it onto red paper. Then I punched a circle from it and glue the word strip onto the red circle, then onto the back of the resin stone.
6) I just punch out a circle from another page from the Tradewinds paper stack that had a gold brocade pattern.
7) Spritz a square of cardstock with the Clearsnap Cherry Ice Smooch Spritz and punched a circle out of the paper.
8) Stamped a butterfly (from Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Butterfly stamp set) onto paper, distressed with distress ink and then punched a circle from the square.
9) Stuck three glitter stars onto white cardstock.
10) Use an alphabet stickers (using "E" for the gift recipients "Eames Family" and adhered it to cardstock, then punched a circle from it.
11) Used a label tag to act as the base of the christmasd tree and slid a tag with the family's name.
Here are the other blogs participating in the blog hop. Leave a comment on each by Nov 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST. There are projects from the previous two days as well so have fun exploring,
Clearsnap – http://clearsnap.blogspot.com
Hampton Art - http://blog.hamptonart.com/
Zutter – http://binditall.blogspot.com/
Graphic45 – http://g45papers.typepad.com/
Donna Salazar Designs – http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/
The Twinery - http://www.thetwineryblog.com/
Authentique Paper http://authentiquepaper.blogspot.com/
Glue Arts - http://gluearts.blogspot.com/
Sabrina Alery – Clearsnap http://sabrinaalery.blogspot.com/
Laura Denison – Graphic 45 http://www.followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com/
Karen Taylor – Donna Salazar Designs - http://creativeyearnings.blogspot.com/
Beverly Sizemore – Hampton Art http://bevscreativepath.blogspot.com/
Kazan Clark – Spellbinders http://nunutoolies.blogspot.com/
Janeen Shember – Authentique Paper http://suburbngypsy.blogspot.com/
Charlotte Jenkins – Clearsnap http://suepup.blogspot.com/
== YOU ARE HERE ==
Grace Hester – The Twinery http://gracehester.typepad.com/
== YOU ARE HERE ==
Nicole Eccles – Graphic45 http://nicoleeccles.blogspot.com/
Audrey Pettit – Donna Salazar Designs - http://audreypettit.wordpress.com/
Nan Paturzo – Zutter http://scrappynan.blogspot.com/
Jeannie DeGruccio – Authentique Paper http://polkacabana.wordpress.com/
Tamara Tripodi - Glue Arts http://happylifecraftywife.com/
Cheers to creating gifts from the heart this holiday season! Happy Hopping!